|Published||July 18, 2022|
|Location||Abingdon, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom|
|Job Type||Full Time|
An exciting vacancy has arisen at our Kingston Bagpuize branch OX13 5AS and the role is for an experienced Yardman
To assist the Yard Manager with the efficient and safe running of the yard, ensuring its always keep it in a clean and orderly state. If you are already an experienced and enthusiastic yard person who has the desire work with a successful team. Also a professional in your approach and have the desire to provide exceptional customer service. You in addition wish to be part of a winning team, seeking to grow the business, then read through the below and if you have the experience & skill set, we would be only to happy to hear from you;
- Ensure company vehicles are loaded and unloaded correctly
- Unloading and checking goods inwards and checking outward delivery notes
- Maintain the yard in an efficient, orderly and clean fashion.
- Ensure that all legal requirements are met with particular regard to health and Safety
- Notify Manager with regard to any complaints by customers, make recommendations for improvements.
- To assist the company and any other department / branch as and when
- Awareness of own safety and ability to see the yard operate in a safe manner at all times
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of general building, hardware, timber products and their uses.
- Experienced with handling Merchant customer queries.
- Organised and punctual.
- Able to manually lift and carry materials.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a highly successful team.
- Drivers license.
- Forklift license.
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.30am to 5.00pm and every other Saturday 7.30 to 11.30am
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Excellent Salary depending on experience
- Builders Merchant : 1 year (Required)
- ForkLift (Required)
If you feel you could fulfil this role please click apply.