|Location||London, London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||December 7, 2021|
Site Engineer – Central London
Project duration: Ongoing
Job Type: Full time
UKR is currently hiring an experienced Site Engineer for our client based in Central London.
Duties will include:
* act as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors and operatives
* set out, level and survey the site
* check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
* ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
* oversee the selection and requisition of materials
* agree a price for materials and make cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project
* manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
* liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
* liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
* communicate with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
* plan the work and efficiently organise the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
* oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site
* prepare reports as required
* resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
* Engineering Degree Qualification
* Must be proficient in Autocad
* Experience working with Main or Sub Contractor
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office & Project
* Commercial awareness – an understanding of how your actions can affect profitability of a project
* Teamworking and relationship-building skills
* Communication skills
* Technical skills
* An eye for detail
* Problem solving
* Leadership and management.
If you feel that you have the right skills apply now or call (phone number removed).
If you are looking for construction work nearby to this project, please give us a call as we may have similar opportunities that are suitable.
UK Recruiting Ltd is a construction recruitment agency operating on behalf of our clients to find suitable candidates for vacancies.