|Location||Wandsworth, Greater London, Wandsworth, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||December 7, 2021|
Report To: Section Engineer, Project Manager
We are looking for a Site Engineer with setting out and concrete experience. Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading infrastructure operators committed to developing sustainable solutions to the industry’s challenges.
Role Overview and objectives
Safety, Health, Environment & Sustainability
- Production of Method Statements Task Briefing and Risk Assessments to be approved by supervising engineers
- Contribution to production of all Permits to works, including briefing to the workforce
- Carries out Safety Inspections
- Hazard Identification and contribution to development of Safe System of Work
- Know the company procedures and statutory regulations relating to environmental and waste management issues. Carry out necessary monitoring under the guidance of others.
* Provides dimensional control for a section of the works
* Undertakes as built surveys for a section of the works and presents results in format that can be included in project records if required
* Establishes and maintains secondary control on the project from primary control
* Checks dimension design data early, raising technical queries to eliminate delays from insufficient information
* Ensures that appropriate as built surveys are undertaken, correctly recorded and communicated
* Manages the survey equipment ensuring it is suitable for the works and in calibration so that there are no dimensional control errors due to survey equipment
Workmanship, Quality, Inspection & Testing
- Raises Non-Conformance Report (NCR) for all non-conformances and reports potential non-conformances
- Produces Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) that correctly interpret the specified quality requirements
- Implements the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and the Request for Witness and Approval (RWA) procedures
- Collates and files quality records for potential inclusion in quality assurance documentation
- Maintaining accurate records Daily Diary, photographs, records of site discussions
- Carries out quality control checks using internal check sheets where appropriate
- Applies the company and external technical information to help achieve the specified quality requirements
- Adopts and promotes a culture of “right first time”
- Works to Weekly Programme and marks up progress achieved weekly
- Production of accurate daily diary of resources, including labour, plant, materials, subcontractors and outputs
Information, Change Control & Records
* Files and maintains the engineer’s drawings and specifications so that the current information is always presented to them
* Marks up drawings & specifications with any changes referencing the documentation that verifies the change
* Interprets and abstracts construction information from the drawings and specification and provides this to the supervisors and operatives in a clear and understandable way using sketches
Permanent Works Materials, Products, Plant & Systems
- Measures materials usage and provides quantity information for preparation of material call off / requisitions
- Carries out on site testing of materials, products, plant and systems as required by their role
- Setting out
- The provision of sketches detailing the setting out information installed
Construction Methods, Practices and Innovation
* Reads and understands method statements and makes sure that site operations follow these methods accurately reporting any variances to supervisors and his supervising engineer
* Produces sketches and drawings to clarify methods and construction sequences
Temporary Works/Systems & Cranes
- Understand and have a good command of temporary works and permits to load
- Takes on the role of temporary works inspector for standard temporary works they are involved with
- Makes sure that temporary works on their section are identified and the temporary works procedure is applied to them
Engineering Knowledge – Capture, Sharing & Using
* Interrogate design information and determine if there are sufficient details to construct the works. Raise relevant documentation (e.g. TIEs, TQs, CVIs, etc.) with assistance from supervising engineers / managers, to resolve discrepancies and anomalies detected.
* Effective communication of technical information to the workforce and liaison with functions/support services within the project team in a timely & accurate manner.
* Provide feedback to supervising engineers / managers on the effectiveness of materials, specialist contractors, plant and designers being used on site.
* Preparation of basic calculations/drawings/sketches
Experience & Knowledge
- Proven experience of working with concrete structures and civil engineering/building construction.
- Prior experience in Civil Engineering
- Prior experience in Architectural and Landscaping packages
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
About Ferrovial Construction
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK have 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2 Enabling works, HS2 Main Works, Silvertown Tunnel (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon Station.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills.