|Published||July 9, 2022|
|Location||Birmingham, West Midlands (County), United Kingdom|
Job Title: Senior Design Manager - Office Fit Out
Location: Birmingham (Hybrid Working)
Package Commensurate andamp; Competitive Package incl: Base Salary, Car Allowance andamp; Bonus
The Shore Group have partnered with an ambitious Office Fit Out company based in Birmingham. Our client offers a comprehensive consultancy service for workplace Fit Out including complex construction project management across a range of sectors. Our client has been delivering exceptional office design and workplace strategy for over 50 years and they are now seeking to strengthen their internal inventive and technical expertise by appointing a Senior Design Manager.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will have the natural ability to present your ideas with methodical planning and robust structure capturing the hearts of your clients. You will be the subject matter expert for workplace interior architecture projects and develop innovative and modern methods to your designs. This will include knowledge of compliance, Mandamp;E and developing construction packs.
As an inspirational leader, you will have experience of motivating and training staff offering your support to grow the technical design capabilities of the team. You will be confident managing creative personalities and implementing robust processes to ensure work is completed to agreed deadlines.
Whats in it for you?
You will be part of a collaborative and successful organisation which values both its staff and customer. Our client has exciting growth plans which they want YOU to be a part of both in terms of expanding the design team and overall business strategy.
* Competitive base salary
* Car allowance
* Flexible working
* Responsible for managing the design and creative team.
* Responsible for the management of the entire design process for a diverse portfolio of work within the interior Fit Out sector.
* Develop and effectively communicate high quality designs for pitches, tenders and potential clients.
* Responsible for creating construction packs.
* Ensure compliance and legal requirements are adhered to.
* Oversee, monitor and report on design programmes whilst providing technical support to the bid process.
* Oversee and manage the design process ensuring the initial brief is adhered to.
* Oversee work schedules and deadlines.
* Support the development of Design documents.
* Take a pivotal role in departmental strategy.
Due to the nature of the role you will ideally match the following:
* Currently working within the creative industry, ideally for a reputable Design andamp; Build Office Fit Out business. Alternatively, you will be working for a relatable company such as an Architectural firm OR a Main Contractor with a Dandamp;B flare.
* Currently working within a senior design position with managerial responsibilities.
* Experience of creating construction packs (including Mandamp;E).
* Polished with client experience and able to transform complex construction ideas into practical workplace designs.
* Familiar with sustainable construction/workplace design methods.