|Published||June 3, 2022|
|Location||Romford, Greater London, Romford, United Kingdom|
My Client is seeking a suitable candidate to join the Chartered Surveying and Project Management Department at our Head Office, located in Romford, Essex.
The position would ideally suit a qualified MRICS Building Surveyor with a minimum five years relevant post- qualification working experience.
The candidate will become a key person in a small office and look to take over the lead role from one of the existing Senior Building Surveyors as they approach early retirement, at the end of this year.
They must also be conscientious in their work, have attention to detail and provide work with high standards of presentation.
It is also important for the successful candidate to have a friendly personality and be attentive to Client’s expectations and needs. They must also be able to use their own initiative and common sense to apply their skills to a range of diverse range of instruction and client types.
Workload will include a full range of project and professional duties working for both private and public sector clients. Workload will include Fire Risk Assessment related building surveying, fund monitoring, defect reports and defect usual building surveying project works including preparing tender documents and Post Contract Administrator roles.
The candidate must also be a competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
It is essential that the successful candidate understands the administrative requirements of the JCT Intermediate and JCT Design and Build contracts and is disciplined with timely issue of documentation and keeping filing up to date in accordance with the Company’s QA systems.
The successful candidate must also have a good understanding of construction and building pathology. They must be capable of using dictation to record information from site and be able to clearly and effectively write reports.
AutoCAD experience is not essential, but would be advantageous.
Working within the surveying team providing technical support to Senior/Associate Surveyors.
Essential skills are as follows:-
* Site surveys and reporting (Schedules of Condition, Defect Diagnosis, etc.)
* Condition survey reports for planned maintenance and asset expenditure planning
* Preparing tender documents for refurbishment and alteration works. Preparing specifications and schedules
* Feasibility estimates
* Contract Administrator duties
* Employer’s Agent duties
* Fire Risk Assessments and related building surveying advice for mainly residential blocks and educational buildings.
Preferred skills, for which training and guidance can be given where experience is currently limited, are as follows:-
* Building Surveyor Expert Witness experience (i.e. disrepair and workmanship cases)
* Building survey/Acquisition reports (non-residential)
* Party Wall Surveying
* Dilapidations & licence to alteration advice
* Principal Designer duties under the CDM Regs 2015
Desirable additional skills are as follows:-
* Proficient user of AutoCAD Architecture 2010 or newer
* Preparing plans and Building Control applications
* Preparing/arranging detailed technical drawings using AutoCAD for typical building surveys & design
* Able to use Microsoft Project
* Sustainability related advice, possibly including BREEAM qualifications, EPC experience
* Permanent full time, with a 6 months probationary period
* Salary indication £40k to £55K negotiable, depending on experience and ability
* 22 days h
* oliday plus 3 to 4 additional days at Christmas (in addition to public holidays)
* Up to three additional days holiday entitlement in subsequent continuous years worked
* RICS subscription fees paid
* Workplace pension offered
* Driving licence and car essential with business use insurance
* Must be a team player as well as a strong team leader
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
* Private Sector residential, education, office, industrial and some retail.
* Public Sector corporate/office, residential, education and healthcare