|Published||July 9, 2022|
|Location||Solihull, West Midlands (County), -, United Kingdom|
Quantity Surveyor - Refurb / Social Housing, upto £45k plus package
Social Housing Refurbishment experience is required for this role, ideally, you will also have New build Social Housing experience too, although not essential.
You will want to be a hands-on QS, manage specific schemes whilst managing/supporting AQS/Trainee QS’s when required.
You should be able to carry out a range of quantity surveying duties including day-to-day cost control, cash management, subcontractor management, risk management, financial reporting (CVR/PPR); preparation in valuations (internal/external); record keeping and general administration.
You must have a proven track record in quantity surveying within the residential sector ideally on refurb schemes along with a knowledge and understanding of new build works.
Excellent communication skills are critical to this role and you must be able to adapt with a young, vibrant team that exists. The role will involve liaison with internal customers, clients and supply chain. The successful candidate will have;
* A track record in commercial management from within a recognised contracting organisation.
* Experience of either new build contracting or refurbishment works, preferably both.
* Understanding of various Contract forms.
* Be a competent negotiator who is able to agree rates/prices without compromising company margins.
* Have a good knowledge in terms of regulations, current materials, rates, prices along with a good commercial awareness.
* Be an excellent communicator.
* The ability to understand and complete the CVR process.