|Location||RM2, Gidea Park, Greater London, -, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||December 7, 2021|
My client are seeking an Assistant Building Surveyor to become an integral part of their team in the Essex area. The successful applicant will work alongside more experienced Surveyors to work independently and as part of a team on a full range of building surveying services for both commercial and public sector clients. Candidates should have 1-2 years’ experience and have intentions of getting chartered with the RICS in the future.
Working within the surveying team providing technical support to Senior/Associate surveyors. Essential skills are as follows:-
* Condition survey reports for asset expenditure planning
* Defect diagnosis surveys and reports
* Building survey reports
* Specifying works and drafting schedules of works
* Planning and Building Control applications
* Contract Administrator duties
* Employer’s Agent duties
* Party wall surveying including site surveys and dictating schedules of condition
Desirable additional skills are as follows:-
* Preparing detailed technical drawings using AutoCAD for roof recovering, minor alteration and internal refurbishment works, etc. (suitable for Building Control applications)
* Measured Surveys and drawings using AutoCAD
* Dilapidations for commercial leases.
* CDM 2015 Principal Designer and Client Duties Advisory Service.
* Permanent full time with 6 months probationary period
* Start ASAP
* Salary depending on experience and ability. Approx range £25K-£30K
* 22 days holiday plus 4 additional days at Christmas (in addition to public holidays), after 3 years’ service increase 1 day per year up to an additional 5 days.
* Driving license and car essential
* Must be team player
* Competent with Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel & Outlook
* Ideally, AutoCAD 2009 required
* Ideally, Microsoft Project
* Other industry relevant software experience beneficial
* Public Sector corporate/office, residential, education and healthcare