|Published||July 9, 2022|
|Location||Birmingham, West Midlands (County), -, United Kingdom|
Matchtech are excited to be working alongisde a major tier 1 contractor in Birmingham, and as result we have several live Footway Site Supervisor requirements, to start ASAP.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for the management of site operations (including the fulfilment of the role of Principal Contractor under CDM on Provider Works and undertaking the role of Supervisor on Managed Works) in relation to scheme delivery on the Birmingham ISC Integrated Works Programme.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1. Managing and administering the construction works in accordance with the
2. Assisting with the implementation of the duties of the Principal Contractor
under CDM and/or undertaking the role of the Supervisor under the NEC
conditions of contract.
3. Assisting with the implementation of the 5 SHE Basics, Training and
Competence, Risk Assessment for every task, Induction for every worker,
Safe System of Work and Point of Work Risk Assessment are embedded for
4. Assisting with the implementation of the Construction Phase Plan on site
including ensuring compliance with the requirements (eg. site inductions and
5. Assisting with the management and control of all site operations including
monitoring the progress of site operations and taking appropriate action
(including the issue of instructions) to avoid over-run.
6. Assisting with the recording of work carried out.
7. Assisting with the preparation of monthly financial and progress reports.
8. Checking compliance with the relevant Quality Plans, Method Statements,
Risk Assessments and Inspection and Test Plans.
9. Ensuring all changes to the works are agreed and properly communicated
including the issue of instructions to the contractor.
10. Ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities within the site team.
11. Ensuring temporary works are installed in accordance with the approved
12. Ensuring appropriate inspection, sampling and testing is carried out to verify
compliance. Carrying out quality checks and witnessing and reporting of any
13. Carrying out regular Safety, Health and Environmental inspections, attending
Safety, Health and Environmental meetings, and reporting all accidents,
incidents and near-misses.
14. Monitoring the performance and operation of contractors. Ensure they are
properly instructed in the safe execution of their work and programme
requirements. Report on their progress.
15. Compilation of site records - ensuring that all records are present, correct,
16. Promoting a ‘right first time’ culture and the use of quality management
procedures as a means of continuous improvement.
17. Maintaining all necessary records required for incorporation into the handover
documentation (eg. Health and Safety Files, as-constructed drawings and
18. Promoting a partnering ethos to provide a working environment of cooperation,
trust, respect, open communication and honesty.
19. Assisting with the management and co-ordination of network occupancy
activities including development of traffic management proposals, roadspace
booking, stakeholder liaison.
Individual / Person Requirements
* SSSTS (CITB Supervisors Safety Training Scheme).
* Lantra 12d (M7) (equivalent/above)
* NRSWA Site Supervisor
* Experience in the delivery of the Principal Contractor’s obligations under the CDM Regulations 2015 and role of the Supervisor under the NEC.
* Extensive experience in the successful delivery of local authority highway projects involving night time working and restricted site availability.
* Experienced in the successful delivery of construction projects to tight time and budget constraints.
* Experience of supervising the concurrent delivery of a number of schemes (individual scheme value up to £5m).
* Good working knowledge of construction programming.
* Good working knowledge of risk management.
* Problem solving skills.
* Commercial awareness.
* Conversant with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
* Demonstrable team leadership and management skills.
* Commitment and adaptability.
* Drive and determination.
* Positive attitude to the delivery of schemes through collaborative working in a partnering environment.
* Full UK Driving Licence
* First Aid Certificate.
Mileage will also be paid at 45p/mile.