|Location||B7, Nechells, City and Borough of Birmingham, -, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||December 7, 2021|
Full Time permanent position, salary negotiable + competitive benefits package
RSS INFRASTRUCTURE Limited (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’, being awarded SME of the Year, for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From our offices in Birmingham, Newport and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Civils/Construction solutions, Safety Critical Resource Services, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Signalling Services as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
What will I be doing?
As our Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and will be a part of a project team aligned to Pre & Post Contract delivery of infrastructure projects up to £2M in value.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor in our team, you will be responsible for undertaking commercial and contractual matters in support of and under direction of the Senior Quantity Surveyor including preparation of budget estimates, target prices and scheme forecasts, monitoring of actual costs against budgets and performing cost and value reconciliation to ensure correct cost capture has occurred. On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
* Assisting in the preparation of budget estimates and target prices in line with contract from project inception to target agreement.
* Supply chain management including sending enquiry documentation, quotation assessment, task order award and instructions to supply chain where required.
* Supply chain payment assessment including all relevant documentation on a monthly basis.
* Ensuring project cost and value reconciliation is performed to ensure correct cost capture has occurred.
* Assisting in the management of site level change management including early warning and compensation event management and production, both to the client and to the supply chain as necessary.
* Preparation of project forecasts.
* Monitoring actual cost against budgets.
* Reviewing and responding to scheme contractual matters.
* Managing tender submission schedule
* Attending pre-tender site visits, and undertake site surveys
* Attending pre & post contract client meetings, as required
* Preparing and delivering detailed, qualified, well presented tender submissions
* Helping ensure that commercial processes are adhered to across the business unit
* Ensuring effective interaction between the commercial team and the operational site teams
* Maintaining deadlines in line with monthly commercial calendar
What experience would we like you to have?
To be selected for interview you will have experience within the Construction and / or Infrastructure industry with proven commercial awareness, although applications from recent graduates or those working towards a degree a BSc or HND in Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying.
As part of the selection process, you will be required to demonstrate your proficiency with MS Excel and demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of commercial contracts. Some experience of ICE/NEC contracts would be advantageous.
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
* 20 days paid annual leave rising to 25 plus statutory bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Health Cash Plan
* Sick Pay
* Free car parking
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services into a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong work ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.