|Published||June 3, 2022|
|Location||B1, Birmingham, West Midlands (County), -, United Kingdom|
This challenging and exciting opportunity, working from home, requires an individual with a technical background and proven experience within any of the structural support, stabilisation, land remediation, foundations, underpinning, ground improvement, stabilisation, geotechnical engineering, and subsidence repair sectors.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading specialist contractors, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost-effective solutions across these sectors. Their offering includes design, build, installation and non-disruptive services provided to all areas of the construction and infrastructure markets.
Due to an increase in contract awards, a significant forward order workload, and a dedication to continued profitable, ambitious, and long-term growth across the UK, our client is now seeking to appoint an Area Manager for their Midlands business operations, with the focus upon developing, maintaining, and managing clients, contracts, and projects in this specific region. The role will provide total support to the Managing Director and will lead the management of new and existing clients, contracts, and projects. This will be successfully achieved through effective engagement and servicing of associated clients, and a focus upon maintaining net margins, whilst liaising closely with the senior management team in providing regular business reporting.
* You will be responsible for the ongoing development and continued success with both existing and new clients, whilst helping to develop and secure new project opportunities
* You will possess demonstrable achievement within any area of the groundworks or ground engineering sectors, or variations thereof
* You will have the ability to nurture profitable relationships with a wide cross section of clients, whilst also providing appropriate technical advice and guidance wherever possible
* You will be required to manage your own workload and develop and nurture teams effectively, including regularly progress reporting to the management
* You should be outgoing with excellent negotiation, communication, and presentation skills, and have the ability to form long term mutually beneficial and harmonious relationships with teams, and internal / external stakeholders of all levels
* You must possess a minimum education level of HNC in an industry related discipline, and be able to offer an advanced level of technical expertise and client support experience gained from working within any area of the specialist construction, civil or geotechnical engineering, of infrastructure sectors
* You will have demonstrable and advanced technical development and management of projects, contracts, teams, and clients experience in a similar role within the aforementioned areas
* It is essential that you hold a full UK driving licence and are proficient in Microsoft Office packages
A very attractive basic salary, plus a highly lucrative bonus scheme, and an extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of career given the dedicated and ambitious growth plans and forward order workload for the UK.